Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton pier and surrounds - VIC
nice.

im hoping brighton is good tonight so i can go for a fish.
just got a call from complete angler apparantly they can get their hands on about a dozen flashdancers...they are charging $24.95 each though
ahahaha typical.

fonzi i recon your best bet is to get onto plat or samurai tackle.

[url="http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/default/language/en/cPath/24/egiing-squid-fishing/"]http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/default...-squid-fishing/[/url]

[url="http://samuraitackle.com/fishing/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=139_332_860"]http://samuraitackle.com/fishing/index.php...ath=139_332_860[/url]

as you can get a huge variety and many brands.

and cheap........

but if your only after a couple jigs a guy named re, im waiting to hera but i think he will be a brighton tonight.
samurai emailed me back today saying they can get whatever size and colour flashdancers i want, i just have to tell them

I'm tempted to get a spare and paint the sides and bottom with UV paint. If it glowed in the dark, it'd be the worlds best jig without a shadow of a doubt.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Gotcha. Cat in the furnace.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
is anyone going out tonight...? and if so what time and where?
I'll come down to brighton for an hour or so around sunset
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
i should be there also.

have you seen the 3 new ranges of daiwa squid jigs.

i think its expert rr. silent and forget the other range.

i have seen a flashdancer with the abalone sticker, it worked well from that spot!!!!!

hope weather stays away and see you down there
yeh i might come down to brighton dunno if im gonna put my rod in the water only got 1 jig left and judging from the other day theres no point lol... but ill come and check out how u guys are goin

what time u rekon ur going??
fonzi i think re is coming so you mite be abloe to buy some new jigs.

Just about all of them are $15 or $16.

Im heading down when i do soem stuff at home and get ready. id say between 6:30 and 7:30

what happened the other day?
[quote name='masejess33' post='18983' date='May 5 2010, 05:13 PM']fonzi i think re is coming so you mite be abloe to buy some new jigs.

Just about all of them are $15 or $16.

Im heading down when i do soem stuff at home and get ready. id say between 6:30 and 7:30

what happened the other day?[/quote]

I'm here now it's pretty chilly not too much wind but it's constant

the other day coz my jigs were ancient just couldn't get any hits lol rocksy got all of em haha
G'day guys, new to the forum, have just read this entire thread!

Have any luck down at Brighton tonight?

I normally squid down in mornington (not from the pier), i live a lot closer to brighton though so would be good to know how its going atm!
[quote name='damien q' post='18986' date='May 5 2010, 09:13 PM']G'day guys, new to the forum, have just read this entire thread!

Have any luck down at Brighton tonight?

I normally squid down in mornington (not from the pier), i live a lot closer to brighton though so would be good to know how its going atm![/quote]

hey mate welcome,

no luck down at brighton tonight, me and mase went and checked it out it was pretty windy and the water was too dirty so nothing there tonight only hung around for about 30 mins and 25 of them i didnt even have my rod in the water
Hey fellas,

Went out tonight, and boy was the water dirty hey? Couldnt see a bloody thing, and I was only fishing in a meter of water!

Managed 3 around 900 grams though which was awesome.

Gonna head down to brighton tomorow morning around 4am, anyone else up for it? Preferably someone with a net? haha. Last time I was down with rocksy I had to dead lift a 1kg squid, nerve racking to say the least
[quote name='the g factor' post='18990' date='May 5 2010, 11:01 PM']Hey fellas,

Went out tonight, and boy was the water dirty hey? Couldnt see a bloody thing, and I was only fishing in a meter of water!

Managed 3 around 900 grams though which was awesome.

Gonna head down to brighton tomorow morning around 4am, anyone else up for it? Preferably someone with a net? haha. Last time I was down with rocksy I had to dead lift a 1kg squid, nerve racking to say the least[/quote]

wow good haul

well I'd love to come down in the morning but seeing that I'm still up I dunno if I'll make it but I'll try my best I'll be wearing a blue jacket if I'm there though...
Just got back from brighton, it was a lil bit windy and the water was murky but i managed to come home with 2 average sized squid around 600-700g each before it started to rain.
thats pretty good mate.

I just got back now (7:30) and fished through the rain and was there since 4:30 ish. Managed 4 squid this morning, 3 of which came when it started pissing down. Got each of them right on the surface, great fun!

I wasnt at brighton though
sounds great, g factor what jig did you use in the merky water? did you use scent?
are you talking about yesterday or today?

Either way today when it chopped up the water got really murky, way worse than yesterday. I used a 3.0 orange harimitsu with a green striped back. No scent or glow at all.

Yesterday I got 2 on a red yo-zuri and one on a glow jig.

I also dropped one because sometimes I get complacent when netting, and also saw another one following in a hooked squid, but couldnt land them both this time. That orange jig has been doing well lately
i was fishing with G, i got one that weighed 927 on the lie detector. i also lost one that was following G's big squid while trying to gaff his...

My hobo gaff works well...zip ties rule.

They orange has been working in the mornings.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

sounds great.

has anyone been to sandrigham or black rock recently?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brighton squid report octopus1 1 4,555 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: alastair
  Brighton pier Fishingcreature 3 5,334 18-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Fishermanbao
  Warneet Pier, VIC and surrounds Andee 7 16,499 26-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Smashem