Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton pier and surrounds - VIC
[quote name='rocksy' post='18252' date='Apr 12 2010, 02:16 PM']I wish there was a PHD thesis on southern calamari and their movements.[/quote]

there would be some for sure! here is one researcher who used to know lots:

Triantafillos, L. (1997). Calamary (Sepioteuthis australis). SA Fisheries Assessment Series 97/09.

check out the SARDI website for more info:

[url="http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au"]http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au[/url]

just bare in mind that they insist that the spelling is "Southern Calamary" not calamari. So search for that term and you will find more stuff from researchers.
cheers Glen, that's perfect searchable material for my next night with too much coffee.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Gotcha. Cat in the furnace.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
damm.

its freezing and windy here in south yarra.

doe snot look like its going to changeuntil friday.
what a bummer...it was quite balmy today in brizzy with a spot of drizzle.

perfect squid bashing conditions hahahahaha

mug
make squid your friend...then bag them
Ogg to brighton tonight...

never fished there befor so lets hope all goes well....
your going to fish brighton tonight?
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
planning on it.

see how weather is and so on.

not sure what time, depending what time i leave work
Just down at Brighton pier now mason, and been down to beauy. Forget it dude it's dirty as.

Can't see the bottom in 2 foot of water. Hope withe wind dying down tonight and the water clearing up tomorrow they have a good old chew in the evening tomorrow
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Thankyou.

As brighton is closer to me i was not fussed about poping down there and having to go back home.

thankyou once again, did you see any ink stains?

also do you know where i can get some egiing dvds?

mason
plats got a couple, samurai might have some.

I've got a new site i contacted today to see if they will ship here they have some. I'll let you know if they reply.

No ink stains to speak of, but i've got a sneaking suspicion that the clever buggers are either washing it off or squid are going straight in the buckets to keep the people away.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

yea plat has one but its old, hopinf for a newish one.

they do wash brighton pier because they want it to look pritty for the sea baths but i think they do it liek once a month, i have been told by a few people that they go to beaumaris in the morning and brighton at night and kill it

who knows, have to just go and try.

let me know about that site as i will get some jigs aswell.
I'm heading down to beauy late night tonight to see if the high tide has cleaned the water up any.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

[quote name='rocksy' post='18300' date='Apr 13 2010, 05:11 PM']I'm heading down to beauy late night tonight to see if the high tide has cleaned the water up any.[/quote]

if i didnt have to get up at 5 id be down there aswell.
[quote name='masejess33' post='18301' date='Apr 13 2010, 05:13 PM']if i didnt have to get up at 5 id be down there aswell.[/quote]

I think by friday beauy water should be clear
Cheers Ian

still dirty this morning
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

brighton is still dirty.
everytime i fish brighton for pinkies and flathead i'v never seen anyone going for the squids... but i do see the ink stains.

since i read on here that there is squid there, il give it a shot on friday night and il let you know how i go.
sounds great, id say just about ever night of the week someone is there fishing for squid, that does not mean they catch them every day.

the people that are more serious about it pick there days and conditions where others just go for the fun of it.

see you down there.

mase
how are we all?

anyone been squidding?

hows the water looking?

mase
Water was starting to clear up when i was at the local around 3 yesterday, but the wind picked up so i left. I got one squid about an hour in and i was reduced to trying a #2 ultra slow sinking clear/pink jig to get it.

Heading down to either Blairgowie or Point Leo i haven't decided yet, leaving in 20 mins.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brighton squid report octopus1 1 4,555 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: alastair
  Brighton pier Fishingcreature 3 5,334 18-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Fishermanbao
  Warneet Pier, VIC and surrounds Andee 7 16,499 26-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Smashem