Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton pier and surrounds - VIC
hey mason

I got my pack from Plat.co.jp yesterday, i've been working nights all week and next week.

I intend on going in the morning after i finish work... i have friday night off so i might just cram as much fishing in as i can.

here's what i got in the mail...

[Image: photo-3.jpg]

heres a video of the odd looking lure i bought, which is 14 grams and only as long as a #3 jig

I reckon it will be dynamite on salmon and snapper.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsoV7TaOWdM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsoV7TaOWdM[/url]
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Gotcha. Cat in the furnace.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
Hello,

looks great, i will put a pic up on weekend of mine.

went down tonight, hooked onto 3 and lost them at the pier.

2 other guys got 1 each, a few good pinkies caught.

used a 2.5 glow tonight........

im going down to fishing sunrise saturday morning, hope to be there from 5:30 on.

mason
how'd you go this morning mason?
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
Hello,

did not get down there.

went out last night so woke up late...

im hoping this crazy weather goes away and i can go tomorow morning.....

we had a flooded street....... was crazy...
i have tried to attach pics but it does not seem to work
mate i was there from 2am until 5:30am

First cast i hooked the biggest squid i've probably ever seen let alone caught. well over 1.5 kilo. I pulled off two of tenticles trying to get it in and i lost him... i reckon they heard me swearing up on the beach road.

I dropped another big one an hour later. i was an inch away from getting it on the pier and the it fell off....#&@^(&%$)*@#^%)@#(.

I cracked the sads about 5:30 and i was falling asleep, and some old gar fisherman set up shop right next to me.

would of been a good session down there sunrise i think, no wind... incoming high tide and quite a few baitfish.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

NICE........

ahahahahaha makes me laugh as i knwo how bad it feels to drop a good one...

they seem to be getting bigger and more consitant...... what jig did you use?

mason
Pink Flashdancer.

I'm going to try a much more aggresive style of retrieve and see if it helps.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

I was told the big ones come out off deep water after 2am..

well i have been letting it sink then 2-3 quick jerks, then taking slack line up and jerking again then winding it and im finding that works but again guys are catching them when the jig is sinking....

im going to fish sunrise tomorow......
dont know hy my post didnt work...

Check google maps for beaumaris pier.... the deeper water is about 2 o`clock from the end, thats where i've hooked 90% of the squid.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Hey,

Yes i cast towards the mussel beds, but i must say that when i was casting towards the old boat ramp i have hooked onto them.

If you stand at end of pier and look back at beach road the rocks that are on the left where the light is, i wonder if there is any good....

Just thinking of spots when the pier is to full.....
[quote name='masejess33' post='17741' date='Mar 6 2010, 09:04 PM']i have tried to attach pics but it does not seem to work[/quote]

images are probably too big.

try reading this:

[url="http://www.squidfish.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=685"]http://www.squidfish.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=685[/url]
Thankyou

Yes that is my problem.......
Got a new toy last night!!!!!

uv mini lamp to make the glow jigs even brighter.

im thinking of fishing sunrise saturday, are you going down there again?

mason
well i finish night shift tonight so i should be able to fish the weekend... we'll see what the weather does.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Im at work in derrimut at its is very windy and black, has been raining on and off all day but looks liek it is saturday all over again............

what line do you use? im looking on plat and some long distant casting line. 8 or 10lb.

mason
i'm using 10lb braid on my heavy stick, and 6 or 8lb on my bream stick....i find with braid most of it casts the same. its all in the rod and how full the spool is.

on my bream stick with the lighter braid i always get wind knots.

Few more weeks and i'll have a Graphiteleader Egi Rod.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

nice....

what brand of braid to you use? i tend to use fins but it is alittle cheaper on plat..

where are you getting your rod from?

mason
Hello,

i hear that brighton pier is going crazy at dawm. some squid upto 1.5kg...............................

i mite have to drop past and see if there is any new ink....

im hopig to catch a few smaller ones so i can go get a decnt elaphant or gummy...
also dark jigs seem to be flavour of the month......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brighton squid report octopus1 1 4,555 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: alastair
  Brighton pier Fishingcreature 3 5,334 18-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Fishermanbao
  Warneet Pier, VIC and surrounds Andee 7 16,499 26-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Smashem