Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton pier and surrounds - VIC
don't know if i'll be down there at 2am, i'll be there at low tide/sunrise.

There are a few guys that fish there right through the night, seen them there a few times. They always get there and camp out at the end of the pier.

one guy got there at 3:30am and left just before 9am... no fish.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Gotcha. Cat in the furnace.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
Hey,

Did not think that low tide was any good down there?

id rather fish at 6 or 7 am than 2 or 3 am...........

have you got your stuff from that site..

mason
yean lowtide might not be any good, but i probably need to give both low and high tides a crack at dawn just to see. i'm leaving in 5 mins

they haven't come yet, should be here this week.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
Hello,

how did u go?

im sure they are there at low tide, in westernport off the beach or pier have found the to be alot further out and not as hungry......
Got 4 hooked, dropped 2 trying to get them up, they were only holding on by one tenticle

Got two resonable sized ones in the bucket.

Few and far between, what i did notice was the dozens of 100mm long squid around the pier just before the sun came up,

One big one was prowling around up the top end of the pier, but he wasn't hungry.

Someone got a kilo plus one there yesterday, and to others that were not too shabby.

[Image: photo-1.jpg]
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Look great, well done.

was this on low tide?

100mm is great for fresh squid bait....

what jig did you use?

Mason
the Flashdancer in my earlier post. Yeah low tide.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

sounds great, so will you be there saturday morning, i think low tide is at 7am? i mite go an hour befor and after...

Also rays outdoor has a store wide sale and squid jigs are alot cheaper...

Mason
hey again,

from your experience think it is best to fish the tide or fish sun rise and sun set?

mason
well today the high tide was 10ish, i left about 930 and i caught all the squid well after 7am so reckon a building tide 3 hours either side cant hurt, sunrise is the best down there, but dusk does carry some thumpers.... there is just more competition for them.

From 1 hour before sunrise until 10am seems to be the go down there, i reckon a whiting under a float down there just before dawn might encourage those big ones to have a crack.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

i'll be down there friday afternoon, saturday morning and sunday morning... got a mate coming down with me on sunday.

a friends having her baby induced from tonight so she might have it friday night/saturday morning.., so nothing is concrete cept sunday
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Sounds great.........

i should be down there saturday morning.....

did you fidn them to be in deeper water on low tide?

where you casting further out and letting it sink to bottom and then slowly winding in with a few jigs of the rod?

Mason
i might have a fish in the morning, be warned i got down there today at 5am and there was 5 people fishing and nowhere to really fish near the end, i stuck around for 45 then left... too many garfishermen fishing, why i dont know because there are no gar there.

I did see a salmon jump out of the water on the right hand side, not a bad size either.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

How did you go?

I set my alarm, and then went back to sleep, i had a fish for an hour lastnight 8-9pm got one squid, saw a couple dropped or caught.

Someones surf rod went off like a maniac, nearly flipped it off the jetty pulled out about 10-20 meters of line then it dropped the hook.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Hello,

go there at 5am, dropped 2, anther guy dropped one.

one of them took off like a rocket and dropped off and i got a inch of his tenticale....

there was 4 of us already squid fishing at end of pier and 3 guys came and tried to squash in, one of them got a leather jacket....

it was alittle windy, the three squid we hooked where caught on the boat ramp side...

dd not even see any around pier.... used a 2.5 glow body as it was still dark and when sun was up used a 2.5 pink

cant wait till the light and new jigs come, i recon as soon as we have a light down there they will come from deeper water....

when are you going down next?

mason
i'll be there 5am sunday morning.... in 5 hours basicallySmile

fished there tonight, no squid way to windy and the water was very dirty. mt martha is going gangbusters at the moment i'm told so i might head down there for a few day to see whats up.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

No squid today, fished there for maybe 30 mins with a mate, too windy, went to black rock, same deal, windy and dirty.

gave up.
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Hello,

we found water to be dirty aswell, but around 7:30-8 the water was becoming clear that is when they showed up..

at the island squid are very fussy, they say there is some rock wall that people are bgging out ever fish, but i recon there will be so many people down there......

the tide and winds are looking good for during the week.........

mason
hello,

did you get your stuff from the site?

i got mine today, the light looks great, cant wait to use it....
Hello,

i was told by a well known fisherman that around 1am every night the bigger squid come to shallows for a feed, by bigger i mean 30cm tube and so on.....

im planning to head down there saturday morning to fish high tide....

mason

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brighton squid report octopus1 1 4,555 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Last Post: alastair
  Brighton pier Fishingcreature 3 5,334 18-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Fishermanbao
  Warneet Pier, VIC and surrounds Andee 7 16,499 26-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Smashem