Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaumaris, VIC
yeah rocksy i was the guy fishn next to u, u showed me your jig, woulnt have been a octo proberly snagged on a hook or rough bit of rock, octo would have left a fair bit of slime. hit the pier tonight and caught a few squid but atrocious conditions,
ahh that was you, alright another member i've met without knowing it. was that you and your mate i gave a squid too?
No problem...

Can do. Right. Uh-huh.

Gotcha. Cat in the furnace.

Current Favourite Jigs: Gancraft Egijya #3 Dead Butterfly & Yo-Zuri Flashdancer #3.25 GP & GCB
yeah that was me and my mate. not a great morning on the squid
Quote:BEAUMARIS:

Regular customer Damien fished from the Beaumaris jetty on Wednesday night. Flicking around a few artificial jigs, Damien managed a nice calamari around 1.2kg’s.

Tackleworld Cranbourne Weekly Report - 9th September 2010‏
weekend water was very dirty no squid but big salmon
[Image: DSC02426.jpg]

we spent a few hrs drifting around the sth cardinal marker, only got the one on an old faithful jig

[Image: DSC02427.jpg]

cheers rick
[quote name='Rick mcc' post='20469' date='Sep 13 2010, 08:13 PM'][Image: DSC02426.jpg]

we spent a few hrs drifting around the sth cardinal marker, only got the one on an old faithful jig

[Image: DSC02427.jpg]

cheers rick[/quote]

Great job.

Is that a stradic?
No the reels a fireblood and its a rapala xrap rod

[Image: DSC02218.jpg]

[Image: DSC02219.jpg]

and old faithful was the jig on the left

[Image: DSC02356.jpg]

rick
that yama iba is just about the best jig you can get.

there is a slow sinking size 3.0, now that is a killer jig in all areas.
Yes, i tend to agree. Well around beaui at least its pretty reliable. We are only newish to squiding and only just getting a handle on whats working in the area. But from east ramp to keefers old jetty its works well. 4 to 6 mts there little weed/grass atm theres grass.In close to keefers its ok but from 3mts out its pretty bare (sea urchants but thats another issue) We are still finding the bigger ones on the east side. (might just be us)

Rick
as its just about spawning time all the big units are in the bay.
Finally got out for tonight, its been way too long. I headed to Beauly at aout 5 PM on rising tide. Fished for about 3 hours and nothing then finally got a nice one. Approx 750g Id guess. Inked me rite in the head and all over my jacket...

Well thats squid fishing ....

Overall was pretty quite. Got him on a nice yellow flash-dancer that I lost a few casts later.
Yeah was a nice night for it down at beauie yesterday, ended up with 3 myself but definatly not many squid around, got a couple of pinkies which were welcome as well. reckon about 12 people went home empty handed so I guess i won the honours last night. all on the haramitsu arj.

fished saturday morning, got a few squid nothing massive maybe 600-700grams.

also i think someone has caught and killed the big ray that hangs around as there is a dead body in the water that loos like the ray...
shame to kill the ray for nothing!
Fished sunrise this morning..

got a few good size squid.

also another guy got a big flathead....

yamahita AJK slow sinking did it this morning
thanks for the report. i am hoping to have a crack down that way soon.
it has become alot harder to get good squid down this way, a month or two ago you could have alot of good squid in an hour or two but now maybe 4 squid in for hours.

make sure you have some good soft plastic in your box as you will need then to get the local giant flathead and whitting
i didn't realise they had giant flathead down there! thanks for the tip.
they sure do.

from soft plastics to prawn under a float i have seen them get caught

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron pisces_australis 3 4,499 23-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jethro
  Mordy, Brighton, Beaumaris nicbaz 1 4,442 27-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: nala